RussTech anti-washout admixture is formulated to give the ready mix producer control over concrete placement in underwater conditions. Our product is specially formulated to generate a cohesive concrete mix that resisits washing out as it travels through water.
AWA-C61 is a water-soluble polymer that prevents the concrete from washing out in flowing water by dramatically increasing the cohesiveness and viscosity of the concrete mix during underwater concrete placements. AWA-C61 inhibits external water from blending with the plastic concrete and dramatically reduces washout of the cement mortar fraction.
- Reduces washout and mass loss of the concrete mortar fraction
- Reduces and may eliminate concrete bleed water
- Dramatically increases the cohesiveness of the mix consistency
- Reduces segregation in high water to cementitious and high slump mixes
- Maintains normal setting characteristics
- Can be introduced at the batch plant or jobsite
- Dewatering costs are reduced and may be eliminated
- All types of underwater placements where normal concrete or placing methods would result in large mass loss of concrete from washout
- Highly fluid self-consolidating concrete mixes that require the use of a viscosity modifier to eliminate segregation
- Mixes requiring reduction or elimination of bleed water